Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Short and Bitter Rant About The Album Leak Feedback or Lack Thereof, Musings on the Unsolicited Beejay and More Video Footage

Okay:

So, no feedback on "The Leak", huh? I could interpret that as disinterest or indifference, which would certainly be discouraging. Or I could interpret as politeness. That is, the song was so horrible you all have chosen to say nothing whatsoever, as opposed to giving your honest criticism, which could cause irreparable damage to my fragile narcissistic ego. Or I could interpret your collective silence as awe. As in, the track was so good, you all are speechless, or typeless or whatever they call it when you don't have anything to say on the Internet.

Or maybe you just got distracted by the videos and all the other linkage in yesterday's blog.

So, let's take a moment to concentrate on the music.

It's called "Love's Holiday" and it's really good.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

Feedback is MANDATORY. Otherwise, I'll come through the Internet and get you.

In other news, I'd like to talk about something nasty. So, be forewarned.

Ladies, what's up with the unsolicited blowjob?

I'm not talking about your man coming home from a hard day's work and you serving him without him having to ask. I'm talking about some guy you know. The time was right. The wine was right. So, you felt compelled.

I've had one or two in my day. They're always surprising. I understand why we men do it (unsolicited cunnilingus, that is). We think if we do a good job we might get sex afterwards. It's kind of high school, but I think most men still employ the technique when trying to break the sexual ice. Even now, it still has about a 70% success rate.

But I'm curious as to why a desirable, intelligent woman would be so...aggressive, shall we say, as to initiate this unprovoked. Especially when everyone knows you could just as easily get sex without the foreplay from pretty much any man.

Now, I certainly don't mean to discourage you. If the mood hits you, feel free. Thing is, I just would like an explanation of this surprisingly widespread phenomenon.

Is it a self-esteem thing? Or is it a matter of passion? You find a man so incredibly attractive in that purely sexual way that you just have to, must, need to handle his business for him.

Again.

Glory, Hallelujah! I think it's a great idea. And I don't think a mature man would look at you differently afterwards. Not in a bad way, at least. I'm just curious as to what you think you're going to "get out of it", other than the obvious.

And now...more footage from the Dirty Water show at the Black Cat with The Els doing another rendition of a hip hop classic.




Thanks for reading.


Download the new Hurricane Katrina 3rd Anniversary Commemorative Single "WHEN THE WELL RUNS DRY" (featuring Heron Gibran, produced by Du)


GOBAMA!


Tip of the Day: Ladies, don't spit. It's disrespectful. Either go hard or don't bother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fine, you sensitive thug. Here you go.

I like how long the intro takes. It breathes nicely, and by the time the voice and drums comes in, it feels like the total package. Your opening verse paints an awesome picture. Lyrics are dope. Each word feels perfectly chosen/delievered. As if picked for maximum efficiency.

The beats/lyrics have a great melancholy feel without being music to slit a wrist to, yknow.

Anyway, have a good weekend, rap guy. Go get a blowsky and try not to ask why it happened.