Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Preface to The Album Leak, Sparse Pubic Hair and More Video Footage

Okay:

So, this is the last day to vote for your favorite album title. After today, I'm shutting down the poll and choosing a winner. Hopefully, it will be ready for download by the first of September.

After I make a decision on the album title, I'm gonna need you guys to help me choose a lead single. I'm going to begin "the leak" tomorrow, so make sure you give the new tracks a listen.

Also, I'm going back into syndication. I'll be posting on several Ning sites now as well as Blogger. Most especially, you'll be able to find me at http://blackbroadway-online.com (my label's site) and http://sojournals.com (my homegirl Kelli's social networking site) and http://liberatedmuse.ning.com (my BFF Khadijah's site). Among others. Time to spread these wings back out and get this thing cracking full throttle.

And now for a humorous anecdote from my traumatic childhood...

But first, an embarrassing confession. I'm not a hairy man. I do have extremely hairy legs, which is weird, but the rest of me is pretty smooth. And perhaps you see where this is going already.

So, I grew pubes kind of late.

I didn't have a full covering until I was fifteen or so. Before then it was like a chemo patient's head down there. Not even peach fuzz, you know. Just a few scragglies here and there, which was even more pathetic. I was very insecure about it. Not that I was going around showing everyone my pubes, or checking out everyone else's, but I was fairly certain that things were moving slowly for me down there.

So, one summer I went to see my pediatrician for a check up before school started. My pediatrician was a very pretty, older black woman. Now, I'm not sure if they do this to little boys anymore or not, but when I was younger your doctor would grab you by the balls and tell you to cough.

So, it was drop drawers time. Only, I was in no condition for a forty year-old woman to be seeing my junk. And perhaps the ladies need some explanation here. See, when you first start getting erections, they happen at random. You don't necessarily need to be aroused or anything. It just happens.

So my little soldier was at attention for whatever reason. I mean, my doctor was pretty, but I just don't think that was it. I think he was just, like, curious. Like, "I don't ever remember being in here before. This is new. What's going on in here, man. Let me check it out."

So, I dropped my drawers and there he was. Boing yoing yoing yoing!

I expected her to shriek in horror, and tell me to get dressed immediately, but instead she was like, "Well, hello there." Smiling.

"I see someone's wide awake today. Impressive."

I could've died. I could've bludgeoned myself to death with my own boner.

"Ohhh, and I see we have a little grass growing on the field too. Oh, that's gonna come in real thick and nice. Are you excited?"

If you've got a pediatrician story to top that, I'd like to hear it.


And my new vlog (8-12-08)...



I can fit a white grape in my nostril.

And part 2 of Dirty Water at The Black Cat...



That's my pretty white shirt that I was blogging about.


Make sure you read tomorrow when "The Leak Begins..."


Thanks for reading.


Download the new Hurricane Katrina 3rd Anniversary Commemorative Single "WHEN THE WELL RUNS DRY" (featuring Heron Gibran, produced Du)


GOBAMA!


Tip of the Day: Never braid your pubes. It could go bad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea..my hair grows pretty fast...all over my body..including my pubes. And of course, curious gal that I am, I thought it'd be cute if I let my pubes grow out & braided. I have to agree with you - soooo not the case. Braided pubes do not look good on any sex!

Anonymous said...

And no - I did not take a picture to commemorate the occasion :P

Dirty Red said...

Tag your it!!!


Check my blog for the details

Akil Nadir said...

anonymous:

You read my mind.

dirty red:

I don't think I fully understand, but I'll give it a shot next week. Promise.