Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Random Ramblings, A Short Double Eulogy and Video Footage

Okay:

So, there's a few things to talk about today...and a few things to watch. Number one, I figured out what it is with the metrosexual thing. It's not that I'm a metrosexual. I'm just an elitist. Which fits better with my self-concept.

For example, my boss was trying to hook me up with our temporary receptionist. Cute girl. Body for days. So, I wasn't entirely disinterested. I was complaining to the two of them that I desperately need some new suits because I no longer like how the ones I have are tailored.

"Where do you shop?" asked the girl.

"Depends on how much money I have," I responded with a smile.

"I was just asking because Steve Harvey has a new line of suits out now. And, you know, he always looks nice," she said.

Well, I didn't hear anything she said after that. Any woman who thinks I'm the kind of guy who would be caught dead in one of those oversized geechie zoot suits must be out of her mind.

Big sis, if you're reading this, take note that if I die tomorrow and you guys go broke paying off my debt and can't afford to bury me properly and some sympathetic geechie reads about it somewhere and donates a Steve Harvey suit, bury me naked.

So that was that.

Then there was the Bernie Mac and Issac Hayes tragedies this weekend. Both of those brothers were immensely talented and will be sorely missed by the entertainment industry. But I guess I'm getting to the age where I can count on this shit happening more and more often. I'm sure it was happening when I was younger. I remember someone being, like, "Oh, my God, Miles Davis just died!"

And I remember being, like, "Who in the fuck is Miles Davis and why is everybody trippin?"

Of course, now I realize how inexcusable my blasphemy was, but I was young and innocent then and had not yet discovered "Sketches of Spain" or "Kind of Blue".

When I told my daughter that Bernie Mac and Issac Hayes had died this weekend, she was similarly unaffected and changed the subject swiftly by insisting on knowing whether or not we were going to make it to the playground before nightfall.

And in other news...

I've got video footage from the Dirty Water show at The Black Cat earlier this year.



I separated it into 6 parts, so this is just a teaser really. And this is my first attempt at vlogging.



The shadows are distracting, I guess. But I like shadows. You see me getting tech savvy over here, right? Respect my Geek.

If you're reading this at work and they've blocked YouTube or your computer sucks, you can see the footage at my YouTube channel when you get home or to a computer that doesn't suck. http://youtube.com/coolceebrown.

Also, the show I did a few weeks ago with my good friends the Motel band, at The Capital Hip Hop Soul Fest organized by my good friends Khadijah and Maceo of Liberated Muse Productions, someone shot a short feature story on it and posted it on http://think.mtv.com/




Isn't that cool? I'll post more soon.


Thanks for reading.


Download the new Hurricane Katrina 3rd Anniversary Commemorative Single, "WHEN THE WELL RUNS DRY" (featuring Heron Gibran, produced by Du)


GOBAMA!


Tip of the Day: When pissing in alleys, always piss downhill.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I have missed your brain on drugs...or lack thereof. I myself have been having several moments, so just wasn't up to it, but maybe I should have been.

The vlog is HILARIOUS. Don't coo at the screen anymore or I'm slapping you!

Just thought I'd give some random rambling of my own...

TJ BROWN said...

Video footage was cool..
Hmmmm didnt realize how full your lips were ...Niiiice..
"ahem" i digress..
anyway vlogg was cool as well!

NoMysteryGod said...

LMBAO @ "oversized geechie zoot suits"

i must cosign that downhill alley pissing is the way to go. Two other caveats for my fellow drunks:

1. Stay civilized and keep some hand sanitizer in the car for just these type of occasions.

2. Although it may seem like a good idea, avoid pissing by dumpsters as there is nothing worse than having a rat run over your foot when you're immobilized in such a vulnerable position.

"Respect My Geek" needs to be on a t-shirt...

Akil Nadir said...

isha:

Welcome Back!!!! You were missed. Where were you?

tj brown:

I'm blushing, but you can't see it throught the Internet.

nomysterygod:

Let's go halfsies on those t-shirts. We could make some bread, homie.