Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rules Of Engagement

Okay:

Status report on my Crush:

3 days, 2 unreturned phone calls.

Operation "mature, healthy, adult relationship" TERMINATED.

Return immediately to guilt-free casual sex with loyal stable of shallow women.


I should have gone with my first instinct to text her a photo of my dick. I probably would have got me some by now. But I know you all's hearts were in the right place. I don't hold it against you. I just think you were underestimating the "shock-and-awe" aspect of such a bold move. Or "cock-and-awe", as it were.

Back to the drawing board.

In the meantime, a question about Booty Call Etiquette.

Let's say I texted a woman an extremely vulgar suggestion about how we should spend our evening. Let's say this woman and I have a sexual history spanning two years, and such an act would not be considered inappropriate, disrespectful or presumptuous. Par for course, pretty much.

Let's say I received a rather disappointing return text stating that she was indisposed at the moment and unable to meet my request.

Then let's say before I could send a return text expressing my displeasure at her inability to foresee my sexual needs and plan accordingly, the phone rang.

Let's say said woman was on the other end and began an oddly casual conversation about her day and what she had on and how everyone was getting on her nerves.

Let's say I was polite and listened and commented, but then injected that since I wasn't getting any sex, I should probably try to get some work done.

Let's say said woman heard me but did not take the hint and continued rambling about random bullshit.

Let's say that I remained polite, gentleman that I am, but insisted again that I should try to get some work done and was finally able to get her off of the phone.

In my opinion, this is a flagrant violation of Booty Call Etiquette. To prevent future complications, I have compiled a proposed list of guidelines. Comments are encouraged.

1. Stick to the initial mode of communication; If I wanted to talk, I would have called.

2. Always offer a rain check if accommodations cannot be made; Don't make me beg.

3. Keep it sexy! Of course, I want to hear about your day. Afterwards.

4. Limit calls/texts to twice a week; Anything more is called dating.

This is all I could come up with so far. I'd like to ramp this up to at least 5 items and see if we can't get something viral going on. It could be the next big thing.


Thanks for reading.

GOBAMA!

SOMETHING NEW: Make sure you download the new "Freestyle of the Week". It's a new feature I'll have posted every Monday (or Tuesday in this case).

And my homeboy Joe D and I will be performing as Dirty Water on June 8th at The Black Cat here in DC, opening for The Cool Kids. If you're in town, make sure you check us out.

Factoid: Texting is God's gift to the anti-social freak!

...And, in all seriousness, everyone's heart-felt advice was much appreciated. I LOVE YOU GUYS!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

(For the record there's never anything wrong with cock-and-awe, but it's never a good starter...)

Anywho, sorry it didn't work out. She sucks! Or maybe she's just really having a busy time and can't get back to you yet. (Devil's Advocate, don't kill me).

How about:

5. (Shoulda been #1 to me) NO CATCHING FEELINGS! Hell if I wanted a relationship I'd be dating him, not fucking you.

Akil Nadir said...

I like your style, Ish. I like your style.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ both you and Isha... Hey Ish! Poor Claude! I agree with Ish. She could have a lot going on or the girl could have even lost her phone. And then she'll wind up calling once you're already back on the 'whore bus'. It troubles my heart. Now, 'cock and awe' can be a touchy subject. No pun intended. Anyways, #6 or modified #3, no talking about your day EVER unless you're recapping the booty-capades that just took place. I don't know if that one would work or not, I'm just trying to help... :-)

Mizrepresent said...

Yep, no problem here, she could be like me, see a number on her phone, thinks it's another dayum bill collector and say, hey i'm not answering...women who got it together don't need to be appeased, they got to keep it moving. Dick is good, yep we love it too, but if it ain't paying the bills, for the most part, it's an afterthought, until those horny days, when we just crave some company...then it's on...maybe Cool Cee, it's just not one of those days, she could be hurting and suffering from Big Red. Big Red will make you hate everything, and not care about nothing...give it some time or don't. It all comes down to what you really want, sex, hoe, bitch, woman? You be the judge!

btw - oh and then there is Queen, but you got to crown her, and i ain't around. :)

Akil Nadir said...

Sanaa:

Welcome! I'm glad to hear that not wanting to hear about the mundane details of your day is not just a man thing. Great suggestion!

mizrepresent:

Can I get the sex/hoe/bitch/woman all in the same package? Or is that too much to ask?

And, I'm starting to feel a connection here. Do I need to buy you a plane ticket or what?

Mizrepresent said...

*wink*