Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Amateur Night

Okay:

So, in case you were wondering, I did not get drunk and make a fool of myself this Memorial Day weekend. I have before. I did not, however, this weekend.

Memorial Day, as far as holidays go, is among my favorites. The weather is usually great, and I cannot refuse a cookout invitation. This weekend I went to friend's cookout around the corner in Brookland.

There, I met the woman I have been destined to meet.

It's rare that I meet women randomly. I'm a busy man, you know. Most of my hook-ups consist of women I know indirectly through friends. So, I was a little bit out of practice with my pickup game. But I put my charm on, ate with my mouth closed and tried not to be the raunchy, uncouth cad that I know I can be when I don't care who's watching.

She was a chocolate cutie with a pretty smile and a nice, well-proportioned booty. And a big basketball fan, which is not necessarily a plus for me. At the end of the night, we exchanged numbers, and I hope to be talking to her sometime this week. I'll keep you posted.

My question is, and forgive me for being rusty on the whole I-think-I-like-this-girl tip, what's the proper etiquette for something like this?

I'll be honest. Most of the women I've dealt with since my very messy and painful breakup, have hardly been the type I want to wine and dine. Booty calls, essentially. But I really enjoyed talking to this girl, and I don't want to slip into my typical game and try to coax her into bed too quickly.

Normally I would invite her out for drinks, get her drunk, bring her back to the crib and hope that she's hip enough to know when she's worn out her welcome. How do I get back into the legitimate dating scene after having had so much practice being a whore?

Let's not underestimate the delicacy of such an operation. I've come to learn that catering specifically and almost exclusively to your physical needs is a dark, lonely and dangerous path. But getting out of a pattern of behavior that has been fairly easy, painless and fruitful is more than a notion.

How many days do you wait before you call? What kind of message should you leave if you get the voicemail? These may seem like basic questions, but for all intents and purposes, I'm a beginner here.

Usually I would just be blunt. "Hey baby. What's up with me and you doing the natural thang?"

Seems crass, but believe me, it works 8 times out of 10.

In this particular instance, however, I am uncharacteristically at a loss for words.

And how many dinners exactly do I have to buy this woman before she gives me some? And exactly how much phone time, which I am not a fan of, do I have to put in?

It may turn out that she's not interested at all, which is certainly no biggie. But for future reference, if I do meet a woman who I am interested in, and who's interested in me, and I think there's the potential there for more than just a good nut, what is the current standard courting protocol?

Should I text her a photo of my dick or write her a poem? Help me out here!


Thanks for reading.

SOMETHING NEW: Make sure you download the new "Freestyle of the Week". It's a new feature I'll have posted every Monday (or Tuesday in this case).

And my homeboy Joe D and I will be performing as Dirty Water on June 8th at The Black Cat here in DC, opening for The Cool Kids. If you're in town, make sure you check us out.

Innocent Question: If I talk to her and it seems like she's more interested in busting a nut than getting to know me, should I take her up on it or hold out? (That felt gay typing it).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...You got a crush! How cute! I refuse to give any words of wisdom (or lack there of) on this whole thing, though. It's so touchy and what works for some doesn't work for others and all that...Play it by ear. You're an intelligent young man. You'll figure it out all by yourself.

Oh, and please don't send her a picture of your dick...or write a poem for that matter. That's one extreme to the other. Find a middle ground for goodness sakes!

ZACK said...

Wow!I hope everything goes well with this "chocolate cutie". The best thing to do is wait until tomorrow, send her a text asking her how she's doin'. If she responds, text her back sayin' lemme call you tomorrow. Do not call her Thursday. Instead, call her on Friday- lie and say you had to work late (yeah, like real late hours at the high school are a common thing), and you feel terrible. Pretend like you are frustrated, play off her sympathy, and then meet her for ice cream with the little lady (your daughter).

If your daughter likes her, then keep her aboard. If your daughter doesn't like her, get her drunk and have a booty call when the time arises.

GOOD LUCK My Nig!
I gotta start meeting chicks too. Maybe I'll go by the petting zoo and feel up on some chicks.

Akil Nadir said...

Isha:

But texting my dick has always worked so well in the past. Oh well. I'll take your word for it, if that's how you "ladies" get down.

Zack:

Now, you know bringing your child around women you just met is a MAJOR VIOLATION. The seed stays hidden until things get serious. Real serious. But I appreciate the advice anyway.

Mizrepresent said...

Think back to high school, or maybe for you middle school, when all you did was talk and talk, and kiss (maybe) and cuddle and try your damnest to get into those panties...nothings changed, except you grown now, and she's grown, so pics of your dick won't help because she's seen plenty, and pic is not a promise of anything, some just don't work the way they are supposed to, and secondly it's a turnoff. I agre with Isha, a poem sounds to desperate...we love poems, but that's in the 2nd phase. Quit thinking about boning her and try to get to know her...can she be a friend, that's what's important.

Anonymous said...

Sending a photo of the dick is a good way to keep things spicy and hot...what girl doesn't like getting a pic of her man's dick every once in a while? Of course, that's recommended only when the relationship has moved pass the intimate phase and definitely during the lusting phase (from both parties).
The second question?....hmmmm... I say, take her up on it, but be safe about it for sure.

Anonymous said...

Cee,

Be nice. If you can't remember how call your sister. Actually TALK to her. Figure out if she can mentally and emotionally stimulate you as well as make you consider sending her a pic of your penis.

BTW.. it's a definite "don't" and will only lead you down the path of whoredom again.

Good luck... smels like "growth" up in here!

The Gooch

Akil Nadir said...

mizrepresent:

Okay, no dick pics, no poetry. Got it. Get to know her. Make friends. Got it. I can do this!

anonymous 1:

Okay. Casual sex as a consolation prize is cool as long as I wear a condom. Got it.

anonymous 2:

Okay. So I should talk to her and no dick pics. Got it. Growing up in here. Got it.

Zack:

Missed your point initially. My apologies. Ego check accepted.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ you putting ladies in quotes.

I'm not saying you can't...just not with everybody and certainly not women you just met and might want more from.