Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cruising at the Cleaners, Talking Politics with Strange Old White Women and Celebrating 100 Downloads

Okay:

And so today I was picking up my dry cleaning. I noticed the woman who walked in behind me. She was pretty in a really classical way. Beautiful brown skin. Nice, slim body. She looked well-employed.

I thought about approaching her but saw that she was picking up half a dozen men's shirts. Then I looked at her ring finger and saw the big rock.

It's a sign of the times. I am officially getting old.

Since when am I checking out women in pinstripe business suits at the cleaners and picking up subtle cues concerning marital status?

Whatever happened to drooling over fat asses on club night? Since when do I give a fuck about a wedding ring? Since when is that on the radar?

Next thing I know, I'll find silver in my pubes.

Then another woman walked in. Blue jeans. White shirt. Sandy brown locks. Silk scarf.

"Too tall," I thought. "But nice shoes."

What in the fuck is happening to me?!

Then as I'm leaving and climbing into my car, I see a pear-shaped, older white woman getting out of the car in front of me.

"Vote for Obama," she shouts.

"Definitely," I say.

"I'm serious," she says. "I'm with the AFL-CIO."

"Cool," I say, anxious to get back in my car and head home.

"I've never voted Republican," she says as she moves closer. "I didn't vote for that bastard Bush or his father."

"Me neither."

"I voted for Kerry and Edwards."

"Me too."

"Edwards is my cousin."

"You don't say."

"His great grandfather was my great grandfather's brother."

"Get out!"

"My father died of cancer at 52."

"Oh no."

"He was twice as handsome as Edwards ever thought he was. A mix between Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart."

I was eventually able to pry myself away, but I left thinking, "I guess this is what adults do." They pick up their dry cleaning. Check for wedding bands. Talk politics with strangers on the street.

Maybe I'll start eating bagels.


Oh, and I am proud to announce as of today, more than 100 people have downloaded "Ignorance & Confidence". Thank you, thank you. You're far too kind.

And if you're not one of the proud 100, here she goes again...

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW COOL CEE BROWN ALBUM "IGNORANCE & CONFIDENCE"





Thanks for reading.


GOBAMA/BIDEN!


Innocent Question: Is it metro that right after I notice a woman's face and body, I look at her shoes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, it is...but i love your shameless plugs. they are hilarious