Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Remembering Marky Mark, Details on the Upcoming Dirty Water Show and Some Random Videos

Okay:

It was an eventful weekend. I went to see Max Payne with a "friend" who is coo-coo for cocoa puffs over Mark Wahlberg. Of course, she's old enough to remember those Calvin Klein ads, but has somehow blocked out what I consider the highlight of his career, a smart and cleaver treatise on the economy called "I Need Money".



Is there a cooler white boy in Hollywood? *read sarcasm*

In all fairness, it took a while for me to come around but I now prefer boxer briefs. Even though I don't really have the legs for it. When I wake up in the morning they're all baggy, like really soft boxers. Not a good look. But when I put em on first thing in the morning...well. If I weren't so shy, I'd post a picture.

For the record, Max Payne, while it apparently was the number one box office draw over the weekend, was without a doubt the worst movie I have seen this year. It was ridiculously lame. Visually stunning, although a big Sin City rip-off. But more disturbing than the mind-numbingly asinine and hard-to-follow plot was the acting. It was as if the actors in a passive aggressive attempt at vindictiveness for being duped into this, decided to telephone in every last line. It was like watching a full-dress table reading.

Even Wahlberg, who I believe has some serious chops, was hard to watch.

It's the Oscar curse though. Remember, after Halle Berry won she made like 5 shitty movies in a row? Including Catwoman. Look at Deniro and Pacino. When was the last time one of them made a good movie?

Wahlberg was also bad in The Happening, which previously held my title for worst film of the year. Both are guaranteed to be at The Raspberries. That's almost four hours of my life that I'll never get back thanks to Marky Mark.


In happier news, Joe and I (Dirty Water) will be returning to The Black Cat this weekend (Sunday October 26)to open for Little Brother. http://blackcatdc.com/schedule.html

We've got rehearsal this week and...well, I don't want to give anything away...but we're going to fuck it up.

Here's a clip of us at The Black Cat earlier this summer opening for The Cool Kids...



In Ignorance & Confidence news, things are going well and I've been getting great responses on the "Government Game" video. This weekend I plan to unveil my newest single, the hard-hitting District anthem "DC Izza Motha@#$%!". Be at the show to pick up a copy.

Here's the "Government Game" video again, in case you missed it...



And here's something I ran across that made me laugh my ass off. Warning, ladies. This is extremely misogynistic and piggish. But if you're not too uptight, give it a chance. DO NOT WATCH AT WORK.




Thanks for reading.


GOBAMA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just saw Max Payne with Gill last night. Buh. horrendous. Ludacris needs to Ludaquit acting, asap.

BTW, tell your homegirl that Mark Wahlberg got busted at 13 for throwing rocks at a group of African American school children and using the dreaded n word. Then at 15 he permanently blinded a vietnamese man in one eye while trying to rob a pharmacy high on PCP. Got two years in juvy for it but served 48 days.

what a douche.